Roark is searching for talent to contribute to the future development of our adventure lifestyle brand. We’re looking for someone with passion, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit to assist team at our flagship retail store. As Retail Associate, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service while maximizing revenue within our retail environment.
Areas of Responsibility included but not limited to:
In order to be successful, candidates should possess the following:
- Ability to engage with new customers and build immediate and lasting rapport. Personalize customer connections by providing highest level of hospitality and customer service.
- Exhibit deep and extensive product knowledge to support all client inquires, questions, and concerns; maintain consistent awareness of the competition and what Roark Revival brings to the market. Be an expert on Roark’s product lines, current fashion trends, understand the customer needs, and creatively communicate selections that meet their needs.
- Ability to independently problem solve and resolve customer issues while maintaining a calm composure, even in high stress situations. Collaborate with leadership team to communicate customer feedback, and demonstrate ability to independently problem solve and resolve customer concerns in an organized fashion.
- Ensure the retail floor is always clean and presentable Maintain store concepts & visual standards. Assist with back of house duties including receiving and placing product.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies to exceed sales goals at both the store and within overall brand.
- Manage inventory and ensure the retail store is well-stocked at all times
- Support and promote the Point-of-Sale process in all areas of register procedure, protocol and policies.
- Work with HQ team to ensure store is aligned with the overall brand strategy; create and run in-store events when needed Embody and represent Roark’s company culture on the sales floor while upholding all policy and procedure.
- Minimum of one year of experience in sales and merchandising (preferably retail goods)
- Preferred proficiency/knowledge in action sports, climbing, camping activities, and a passion for the outdoors.
- Computer skills to include operating POS sales (Shopify)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills both verbal and written, strong independent work ethic, excellent time management skills, organizational abilities
- A positive, outgoing, high energy, entrepreneurial, sales focused attitude
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 15 pounds when merchandising the sales floor and use ladders or stairs
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
We are committed to offering our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, opportunities for growth and development, a customer focused culture, and competitive pay and benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include:
- Competitive compensation package (hourly with benefits)
- Discounts on the latest Roark Revival
Roark Retail Del Mar Store Address and Opening Date:
725 Paseo Place, San Diego, CA 92130
Est. Opening approx. Sept. 1st