Roark is looking for someone with passion, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit to assist in our Laguna Beach office. As a Graphic Designer at Roark, you will be working closely with the Art Director and Creative Director to advance Roark’s presence in the marketplace. The position is a part of the Art department that works in tandem with the Marketing team to handle digital, in-store and printed requests from internal departments and external key accounts. Working in such a collaborative environment, this position has a knowledge and acute understanding of how marketing campaigns work and an ability to convey product stories.
- Follow look and feel established by the Art and Marketing department to maintain an authentic and consistent consumer experience
- Maintain calendar deadlines, be detailed orientated and work well in a team environment
- Create concepts and design for all media including: catalogues, product-driven campaigns, print and digital advertising, consumer flyers, photo shoots, online marketing collateral, campaign and brand strategy, packaging, website graphics, and in-store.
- Assist Art Director, Designer and others in presenting all visual branding concepts to marketing or management teams.
- Collaborate in any necessary photo shoots and assist in providing direction to photographers in order to achieve desired style of photography.
- Prepare and coordinate printing with printers to ensure all printing details are understood, most cost-efficient methods have been considered, and deadlines are met
- Collaborate with internal departments to handle digital and print requests
- Manage projects from concept handoff through production
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 2-4 years experience in design & marketing
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Lightroom, Adobe XD and After Effects skills are highly valued.
- Layout and digital experience necessary
- Adaptive design eye and skillset
- Strong footing in concept ideation is highly valued
- Illustration skills are valued, but not required
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and managers
- Strong organizational and communication skills, work ethic, and teamwork.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Strong attention to detail for constant accuracy, self motivated with strong decision making capabilities.
- Irregular working hours should be expected during peak periods when deadlines are present.
Visit us: https://roark.com/