As the OluKai Part Time Retail Associate, or Huaka’i which means to lead, your kuleana (responsibility) is to welcome customers into the store and deliver a remarkable brand experience. We are seeking responsible, outgoing, culturally minded team members to be the first point of contact for guests of the OluKai store. You are a service oriented people pleaser, with a passion for premium products as well as the ever-evolving retail industry.
In order to be successful, candidates should possess the following:
- Ability to engage with new customers and build immediate and lasting rapport. Personalize customer connections by providing the highest level of hospitality and customer service.
- Be a storyteller, sharing the details of our unique brand partnerships as well as the details of our products design inspirations and reason for being.
- Be an expert on OluKai’s product lines, a champion for quality and authenticity, stay current on fashion trends, understand the customer needs, and creatively communicate selections that meet their needs.
- Ability to independently problem solve and resolve customer issues while maintaining a spirit of Aloha, even in high stress situations. Collaborate with leadership team to communicate customer feedback, and demonstrate ability to independently problem solve and resolve customer concerns in an organized fashion.
- Ensure the retail floor is always premium and tells a story. Maintain store concepts & visual standards. Assist with back of house duties including receiving and placing product.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies to exceed sales goals at both the store and within overall brand.
- Manage inventory and ensure the retail store is well-stocked at all times
- Support and promote the Point-of-Sale process in all areas of register procedure, protocol and policies.
- Ability to independently open and close the store as a key holder upon Manager approval.
- Be a brand ambassador for OluKai. Participate in local events, giveback programs in collaboration with Marketing. Collaborate with Marketing to program ambassador content, presentations and performances at the store.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualifications:
- 1-3 years retail or similar service environment experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Preferred proficiency/knowledge in ocean lifestyle, participate in surfing/paddling participates in local community activities.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills both verbal and written, strong independent work ethic, excellent time management skills, organizational abilities
- A positive, outgoing, high energy, entrepreneurial, sales focused attitude
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 15 pounds when merchandising the sales floor and use ladders or stairs
- Desire to learn and grow within the company
We offer a very unique working environment with great company benefits and fringe benefits, opportunity for growth.