OluKai is looking for a creative, thoughtful and enthusiastic Senior Graphic Designer to join our team to produce and oversee digital and print creative projects.
We are looking for someone that has experience designing and leading in all forms of graphic design – digital/online, print, instore, campaign concepting and execution – and who is confident in collaborating with other creative people (colleagues and clients). This person should have experience executing projects from concept to production.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for life, adventure and learning. This person must have had prior experience working in a team as you will work with the entire creative and marketing crew, as well as other departments and third-party vendors to constantly develop creative visual strategies and successful work. This person must have a pro-active nature, a curiosity and desire to learn, and an understanding of deadlines.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to the following):
- Create concepts and designs for all media including: seasonal campaigns, product-driven campaigns, catalog design, print and digital advertising, email marketing, photo shoots, online marketing collateral, campaign and brand strategy, packaging, website graphics, and in-store for wholesale and brand-owned stores.
- Work with and provide creative feedback to other designers as well as graphic design freelancers/vendors.
- Concept and collaborate in planning campaign photo shoots, both lifestyle (on location) and product-driven studio shoots.
- Be able to present ideas and designs to all members of the creative team, as well as to other partners such as the marketing team and brand management team.
- Be a leader in maintaining the brand voice and a consistency throughout all brand visuals.
- Prepare and coordinate printing with printers to ensure all printing details are understood, most cost-efficient methods have been considered, and deadlines are met.
- Additional projects/assignments
These are the qualifications you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred
- 4-6 years of graphic design experience.
- Previous experience as Senior Graphic Designer or Graphic Designer
- Advanced knowledge in MacOS and Adobe design software, specifically: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Adobe XD.
- Video editing skills are a plus.
- Understanding of designing for digital formats including dot-com, UI/UX, and animated digital pieces. Experience working with motion graphics tools a plus.
- Experience creating multi-tiered campaigns.
- Experience with direct-to-consumer creative and messaging.
- Experience with editorial or catalog design.
- Knowledge of digital design, marketing and executions.
- Needs to work well independently, have excellent follow-through skills.
- Should be quick, collaborative and creative. Need to be able to thrive in a deadline driven environment.
- Requires knowledge of art department or agency workflow.
- Previous experience concepting photo shoots (lifestyle and product/studio).
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Have ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at once and be deadline oriented.
- Must have strong communication skills as working well in a team is vital.
We offer a highly competitive benefit and compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays, generous product discounts with some clients, summer beach outings, very casual (yet professional) work environment.