At melin we believe that with more thought, time and care invested into how we make our
products that we can actually extend the life of our hats and the adventures we take them on.
We are looking to expand our internal family and are seeking one incredible human capable of
excellence in a fast-paced work environment and eager to join an elite, yet small team of “A
The melin Sr. Marketing Manager is responsible for executing the brand plans across multiple platforms and channels. This fast-paced role will oversee, manage and execute marketing programs, plans and budgets to build brand equity and maximize market opportunities that drive to the company goals and objectives. As a critical member of this high-performing team, you are responsible for leading tactical individuals, implementing processes to achieve optimization at scale and within budget. You will be working hand in hand with senior leadership on key strategic plans to continue melin’s advance to the forefront of the headwear category. To be successful in this role you are part manager and part doer; executing strategies and tactics, in a fast-paced environment with combination of an operational and brand building mindset.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development of melin’s annual marketing strategies and plans, then owning the execution of those plans on time, to budget and in conjunction with all stakeholders to heighten brand awareness, deepen consumer engagement, increase adoption and drive traffic to melin destinations
- Manage and own delivery of the product launch program and process from seasonal kickoff to in-market deployment and promotion, coordinating deliverable with the marketing team and cross-functional stakeholders
- Create, manage and maintain the seasonal GTM Calendar in alignment with the brand strategies, plans and operational goals set forth by leadership
- Responsible for creation, implementation, and execution of seasonal marketing project and product briefs for product launches and key brand initiatives.
- Plan and manage events in consumer and trade channels
- Manage and direct melin’s presence in retail, both owned and wholesale, via its footprint (displays/pop), advertising, content and partnership marketing programs.
- Responsible for managing and executing seasonal catalogs in consumer and trade channels; collaborating and working cross-functionally with creative, ecommerce and wholesale stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams managing the execution of brand, product and ecomm photoshoots, video production and other branded content creation
- Manage and execute melin’s giveback programming and goodwill initiatives tied to product launches, seasonal brand initiatives and general philanthropic goals set by leadership.
- Own the marketing asset management systems through re-organization, re-alignment and structure
- Coordinate all marketing expenses and invoicing with vendors and contractors
- Project management of daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal marketing activity; creating adoption within the marketing team through use of Asana, maintaining projects (status, dates and assignees) updating, completing and structuring according to needs.
- In conjunction with leadership implement processes and SOPs as needed
- Managing a nimble team of specialized functions in Social Media, Community Marketing, and Retail and Events Marketing; implementing and training on systems and processes and ensuring the team is operating at a high level through trust, focus and accountability
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required - BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or other related discipline a plus.
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience in brand management, product management or Marketing communications developing compelling marketing content, messaging, and managing brands and leading a high-performing team
- Able to organize multiple tasks and manage projects through to completion on schedule and on budget. Strong organizational skills expected as well as project planning abilities, timeline management & interpersonal skills. Able to work professionally with flexibility in handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be quantitative minded and possess advanced level of computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint/Keynote, Asana
- Must possess strong presentation skills. Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- A passion for and understanding of headwear, fitness, sports and outdoor lifestyles