Consumer Events Specialist
OluKai is passionate about sharing Aloha and bringing that message of love, community, giving without expectation to the world. We believe this is best done in person, the opportunity to talk story, to share and to connect with others – educating them about the brand, Hawaii and potentially selling some product along the way. In order to help facilitate these conversations we’ve created an event vehicle that will be on the road at music festivals, food fairs, sustainability events, etc. This position will partner with our existing event role to help manage the vehicle, schedule as well as our B2B experiences – tradeshows and sales meetings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with team to set the strategy for events to attend
- Work with team to research events
- Build an annual calendar for events to attend and map with logistics for the truck movement
- Work with our consumer events external team to coordinate efforts, staffing, truck logistics, storage, etc.
- Coordinate with internal team to manage additional staffing and other needs between sales, service, corporate events
- Attend events to represent the brand, at least 2 week per month, potentially more
- In-house support when not on the road includes – product ordering, working with planning on ATS and pre-buying bulks for upcoming seasons, packing and prepping palates to ship at the distribution center, coordinating travel/ lodging, etc.
- Strategizing, researching, planning and executing consumer events activations, giveaways, gift with purchase items, etc. to extend our presence at events
- On-site duties – manage the relationship with the venue to ensure OluKai is held in high regard, manage external event support, event set up – including propping product, merchandising vehicle, sourcing/placing rental furniture or activation elements, on-site sales staff, proud representation of the brand and brand values to consumers, event wrap-up, post event communication to company.
- Collaborate with team to set up and manage to a strict budget and ROI metrics as established by manager
- Work to hit sales targets by event, and annually, engage external event company to ensure they’re incentivized to hit sales goals
- Coordinate with retail team to ensure that the truck is being used between large scale festivals in local markets to support Core and KOA accounts.
- Confirm external event company management of events and logistics as necessary
- Attend retail events as support when needed
- Be an active and engaged member of the marketing team. Participate in team meetings, brainstorms and activities.
- Offer opinions, ideas and suggestions on how to make us more successful across all functions – not just events.
- Be creative.
- Be an out of the box thinker.
- Help us achieve broader KPI’s like – collecting consumer data to help feed our direct to consumer pipeline at events.
- Everyday tasks like – promo orders, image requests, creative briefs for projects
Tradeshows and Sales Meetings
- Lead player on B2B Tradeshows – including but not limited to – Outdoor Retail, ICAST, Surf Expo, PGA Show
- Coordinate with outside vendors who manage booth (i.e. Atmosphere) and booth services
- Work closely with the Sales coordinator to procure product for all sales stations and booth décor, as well as assisting with appointments, scheduling, etc.
- Attend the shows early for setup and stay through pack-up to ensure the job is done right
- Manage product orders for the tradeshows
- Negotiate and manage tradeshow contracts including space, placement, lodging
- Own the Graphic requirements – booth, invitations, etc. – pre, during and post show
- Coordinate with manager and team on what activations we should bring to life within the space, and work actively to make them happen
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Able to lift 50 lbs + - sorry but those Ama Racks are heavy
- Long hours on your feet – all in a good day’s work, but as every event professional knows, first in and last out during event days
- Flex time available - we understand that the requirements of this job are a lot, so when you work all weekend, Monday at 8am isn’t an expectation
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Consumer events focused background and experience with a touring vehicle is a plus
- 3+ years event experience
Travel – this job is for you, if…
- If you love to explore different parts of the country
- People watching is too passive, you love to meet people, talk story, make friends
- You’d rather be on the road than at a desk
- 2 weeks in Irvine, 2 weeks on the go sounds like balance
- 60%+ on the road is appealing